Have you ever thought of utilizing the capabilities of AIs in a business process without writing a line of code? Here is an example process I built in an hour:
Requirement: Use the GCP Document AI to recognize text in an image and save the recognized text to a file.
- Activate the API for the GCP Document AI and add a standard OCR processor.
- Create a Service Account and key file
- Download the Automation Anywhere Community Edition (free) and follow the setup instructions.
- Connect to the API using the Document AI package and provide the path to your test image.
- Use the JSON Parser to get the AI results.
- Parse the text field and write it into a file.
And here are the results:
Below is my example image
This is the complete API response:
And here is the text key value:
And finally the text file:
As you can see, the AI most likely considered the cloud logo to be a ‘2’ but otherwise recognized the text correctly.
The bot could have repeated the actions for multiple files, written the result into a Google Sheet or database, or sent the file as an email attachment.
I think the combination of bots and AIs is a very powerful, fast, and easy way to get processes automated - not only rule-based processes. And without writing a line of code.
What do you think?