AI and human creativity: better together? | C2C Community

AI and human creativity: better together?

• 30 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

At the Community Connect 2020, 12/12, event from GDG Europe I did a talk. “From hungry to Full in 30 minutes”. I made crepes live for the attendees.

4 days later, Google Cloud copied my session and it evolved into ML. Dale Markowitz and Sara Robinson decided to create AI baking recipes.

Today,Sara with Amir Dehbi created the Maltesers® AI Cakes (4d6172730a) using Google Cloud AI Platform and TensorFlow. When the legendary confectionery manufacturer Mars, Inc. approached them for a Maltesers + AI kitchen collaboration they couldn’t resist.

Image from Google Cloud official Blog

You can read the full article, check out the pictures from the baking process and download the recipe here 👉 https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/ai-machine-learning/baking-with-maltesers-marmite-and-cloud-ai

I think I will try it one of the next weekends.

Has anyone in our community created such a thing in the past?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

THIS IS AMAZING! I had no idea you were the brains behind that super fun series!!  Oh Ilias, you’re in trouble now, b/c this got my creative content wheels turning!!!!

Side note, I love crepes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

I am not. It was a coincidence! :grinning:

Side note, it was recorded and it must be on youtube(?)

Otherwise we can host a cooking series event. Like the “Get cooking in Cloud” that Priyanka was doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tts41rFP_0k

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I’m in for a cooking in the cloud with C2C!  We can rotate the recipe duties by region so everyone can learn more about cloud while cooking up some locally, culturally driven food!  

@ilias I love Greek food and would love to learn how to make some fresh in my kitchen!  Pair that up with the fact that @Andrada.Morar mentioned in the past that her Mom has hosted cooking lessons and we already have two solid EMEA dishes to serve up :)  I am sure @guillaume blaquiere can give us a tour of French cuisine. Just need some German and English food added in.  I have a good friend who is a sommelier and a loves hosting tastings on European wines so I can bring the wine along for the ride. We doing this fam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

yes. yes we are.