Bard vs ChatGPT: Let's discuss about it | C2C Community

Bard vs ChatGPT: Let's discuss about it

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hello C2C,

I thought to start a new topic and discuss a bit about Bard and ChatGPT. It seems like it’s going to be “the main thing” in the next few weeks / months. Beta testing is now open to US and UK users and I am really wondering if anyone in here has tried it already! If yes, I would really love to hear the first impressions!

“As more people start to use Bard and test its capabilities, they’ll surprise us. Things will go wrong,” Pichai wrote in an internal email to employees Tuesday viewed by CNBC. “But the user feedback is critical to improving the product and the underlying technology.” (source: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/21/google-ceo-pichai-memo-to-employees-on-bard-ai-things-will-go-wrong.html )

On the contrary, OpenAI temporarily shut down ChatGPT on Monday to fix a previously unknown bug exposing user chat titles, that may have come from open-source code. (source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-21/openai-shut-down-chatgpt-to-fix-bug-exposing-user-chat-titles?leadSource=uverify%20wall )

I remember when I was a teenager back in 95-98 reading on PC magazines about “the browser wars” between Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer (before other browsers were on the map). 

Now, I think we are experiencing the rise of “the A.I. wars” and I think we will be seeing a lot with things evolving super-fast.

How do you see this whole thing evolving? How do you see the strategies followed by the companies? What are your thoughts?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I once saw a photo of a dialogue of a spammer robot talking to an answering machine. It was funny. I think there will be more situations like this in the future. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Bard can be helpful with writing documentation:

For example, in software testing: writing test cases, reports, documenting tests

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

​Thank you, @Dimitris Petrakis for the post. I’m doing an experiment on a different use-case then I will give my opinion on this post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'm not happy (

Though it can generate some code in Java

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

@Katsiaryna Vyshydkevich and @malamin I find ChatGPT amazing. However, I have many times noticed two main negative things:

1. It “types” the answer, while Bard gives you the whole text at once - if I am not mistaken?
  2. If the answer is long, it is quite frequent that the answer will get interrupted. In the example below, I am showing the part where the answer was interrupted
  3. I find it quite good in writing about any subject, using proper structure, with introductions, chapters, etc.

Here are a couple of screenshots:

First part of a 6.000 word thesis that I asked from ChatGPT to produce for me concerning the impacts of A.I. in the jobs market

The second screenshot of ChatGPT’s answer, showing that it was finally interrupted in the end. The answer was never complete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well, Bard also cuts off answer, but i ask it to continue

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

aha! Didn’t think about it! 😂

ChatGPT also continues I can see!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And they both don't understand jokes(

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Sometimes I find it also quite amusing to “discuss” with ChatGPT: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

:)))

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you know that Bard can generate images?

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

It is great update! @KateVysh. Unfortunately, image generation in Google Bard isn't yet available in the UK. I hope it will be rolled out soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can use VPN ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@KateVysh That's cleaver ;)