Hi, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is karan(shortly and professionally called) and I’ve been working into the application development phase for past 9+ years spanning multiple areas around Data Structures,Spring, Spring Boot but still keep learning everything new on Spring. My thoughts and dire inquisitiveness for learning on Machine Learning, Deep Learning, ANN sprang from 2013 when I was taking this course as Machine Learning in my final semester while I was still working on Java full stack projects.
Long story short, let’s dive into this:
- What role do you serve in your current organization? Sr. Full Stack Engineer(Java, Spring, Spring MVC, Microservices, Spring Boot, AngularJS, Vertex, OOPS, Hibernate, AWS).
- What's your experience with Google Cloud?: Novice although worked with AWS for 3 years where I got an opportunity to create AWS stacksets for ECS serverless Vanguard’s Microservices architecture, AWS and PCF applications to convert into CloudFront Templates and then build and deploy them using Bitbucket.
- What are you “famous” for?: People call me a person with strong research skills and development skills since I have always had a strong hunch for diving into the nitty-grittys of enterprise Java architecture models in telecommunication and investment management sectors(my work experience). However, I primarily call myself as a person who feels comfortable going into the flow of application development, enjoy writing codes, fixing bugs, learning and working on Microservices, Spring framework, Spring Boot and I still continue to do so.
Even as a developer, I have written more than 90+ legacy and spring based applications of Vanguard and have worked with cross functional teams assisting them to migrate into the Cloud Space(unfortunately not GCP but into AWS yet I am always curious on using GCP but never got any opportunity). I have also enjoyed working with creating new management portals using Microservices for Verizon’s to assist customers streamline and organize purchases of 5G products on VEC and SCM under GNT Verizon Group. Currently I am publishing two articles on Microservices as an open-source contributor on Linkedin Advice Community.
Personally, I call myself a person with interests spanning in multiple areas like Astronomy, Java full-stack, Mathematics, Physics, AI and Cloud.
Recently I am conducting research on connecting DeepLearning Models to assist one of the Intel’s on-going HPE semicores project to demonstrate fully synchronous data-parallel training on 8192 nodes of Cori to help them find the size of Universe at Scale using CosmoFlow framework, a framework where we will be able to evaluate, determine and process large 3D dark matter distribution and predict the cosmological parameters ΩM, σ8 and ns with unprecedented accuracy.
What is the #1 result you'd like to get out of this community?
- Would like to build great connections by talking to leading experts preferably in the area of GenAI and the resources who can help me navigate and swifly move into this career field from the Java programming domain.
- Would like to build professional networking with mentors and experts to help me bolster my envision to work as an entry level Machine Learning Engineer(be it in Generative AI space or in data science traditional space).
What are you working on right now that we can collectively help with?
To be honest, I am currently not working on any large-scaled applications since I am interviewing with companies for new projects. Nevertheless, I am currently rapidly adapting to some of the good level courses launched by Google on Generative AI which I think should be helpful to atleast begin my ML career from somewhere this point.(can’t wait for a special time lol :D))).
How can other C2C members best connect with you?
Feel free to connect with me at linkedln. ----» www.linkedin.com/in/harkaran-sidhu/