Firebase Auth logs? | C2C Community
Solved

Firebase Auth logs?

• 25 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

We’ve had a couple users (out of hundreds) who’ve tried to verify their phone numbers during enrollmenet, but either were told their code was invalid, or didn’t receive a code at all.

I wasn’t able to reproduce these cases (chrome on mbp, safari on iphone) and was wondering if there were any logs available for Firebase auth, or how I might approach trying to debug them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by josema 25 January 2023, 12:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

@kanthrian, @pbarapatre, @Tomova, @josema, @Convy.ke - perhaps you could help @xujenna ?

Also, @xujenna, don’t forget to introduce yourself in the C2C Lounge using this template, it would be great for our community to get to know you better!

I can see you have joined C2C since some time now, but nevertheless, I would like to welcome you!

Userlevel 1

I don't think you have logs as such. You have the user activity logging that you can enable... Maybe that could give you some info.

In my case it was sometimes related to the network carrier, reaching the limit, too many trials.

Another one was the phone numbers for testing... Check just in case, although if it is production user it may not be the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Thanks for taking the time to answer this, @josema

@xujenna, let us know if @josema’s answer was helpful.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @josema 

I’d like to try your suggestion. Where can I enable the user activity logging?

Userlevel 2

However! I would also appreciate any other ideas on how to help users for whom Firebase Auth has failed. Outside of sitting down with them and instructing them on how to open dev tools in their browser, all I can say at this point is to try another device/browser….