Jumpstart your journey developing on GKE | C2C Community

Jumpstart your journey developing on GKE

• 18 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey Folks! My name is Reto Meier, and I’m part of the Cloud Developer Relations team. I’m going to be posting some articles and videos that I think y’all will find interesting.

The following article, written by Denna Nazem (Product Marketing Manager) and Kaslin Fields (Developer Advocate), was originally published on the Google Cloud Tech Blog

Getting started with Kubernetes is often harder than it needs to be. While working with a cluster “from scratch” can be a great learning exercise or a good solution for some highly specialized workloads, often the details of cluster management can be made easier by utilizing a managed service offering. Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) allows for an easier end-to-end developer experience with convenient tooling and built-in integrations along with the convenience of offering Kubernetes clusters as a managed service.

GKE is the most mature container orchestration service available today, delivering a fully-managed service and hands-off experience with the GKE Autopilot mode of operation. GKE provides industry-first capabilities such as release channels, multi-cluster support, unique four-way auto scaling, node auto repair, and can support up to 15K nodes in a single cluster

Our modern, end-to-end platform is built on cloud-native principles you are already familiar with and prioritizes speed, security, and flexibility, in ways that are highly differentiated from other cloud platforms. 

We have put together a new reference guide for you as you begin your journey developing on GKE. It covers every step of your journey from writing, running, operating, to managing code. Even if it isn’t your first time using GKE, this e-book will be a valuable resource highlighting important considerations and best practices. By implementing the technical recommendations, following the steps, and utilizing the tools described, you can reach the following goals:

Kick-start your journey by downloading the e-book and join us live June 22 at 9am PDT for our half-day Cloud OnBoard event: Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine. 

The Cloud OnBoard after-party will be here on C2C. We’ll have the speakers available for more personal conversations, to answer your questions, and to better understand your environment and use case. Hope to see you at this event and afterward on C2C!—The Cloud Developer Relations team.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@Charles wanted to make sure you saw this.