You’ve spent tons of time creating your virtual machine, and now you’re being asked to install something that may cause issues and make your life harder. Have you considered running it in an ephemeral Cloud Run instance instead? In this video, Brian and Katie discuss different patterns for using Compute Engine VMs and Cloud Run together! Watch along and learn how to combine them or decide between them.
Click on video below to watch it in detail:
0:00 - Intro
0:41 - What is Cloud Run?
2:18 - How does Cloud Run work with VMs?
3:45 - What are containers?
5:15 - What is Migrate to Containers?
6:33 - What workloads are a good fit for Cloud Run?
7:56 - When should Cloud Run be used with VMs?
11:14 - How to get started with Cloud Run
12:15 - Wrap up
- Richard Seroter's Demo → https://goo.gle/3SjSD5b
- Getting Started With Cloud Run, with language microservices: → https://goo.gle/3Um1kxr
- Getting Started With Cloud Functions → https://goo.gle/3Ls94da
- Google Cloud Buildpacks: → https://goo.gle/3QSQo7x
- Cloud Run Container Runtime Contract → https://goo.gle/3DBEXOS
- Second Generations Functions → https://goo.gle/3Ul7aiM
- Migrate for Cloud Run → https://goo.gle/3f2dviM
Cloud Run vs VMs
Today, most people choose Cloud Run. Which one do you prefer