Community Introduction: Ilias Papachristos

• 2 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28
  1. What role do you serve in your current organization? 

I am the EMEA Community Manager. I’m here to support and help the Country Leaders as well as work with them. So that we’ll create an awesome community that will help all of us grow!

1. What's your experience with Google Cloud? 

I’m an expert-novice. I’ve started working with Google Cloud 3 years ago. Since then I’ve consulted companies, did some implementations, wrote few articles, host a lot of events, and gave talks about Google Cloud.

1. What are you “famous” for? 

• Professionally - I love to get things done. And I always accomplish it.
      FwOeJZzkVCCse6ir-URnVhnG6fwEZJW-xdwbEZPkXLAi6RyIPa9IFmzPY4NdS4fHPKxmGw0BCfS0MQ_7sptb7hwnIClDeKFggXqSCSdX_DW7b7deoxwDnDd3J7hijyyI4YXit4wu

• My passion is to help and mentor people to learn.
      U9yC9ZAHHGZQc1UhRVxrykF8_GLqrf4EVVW7QG4wPiaUG-c9oe1AQAU4rdoZJVoxF03jrBpwiWuddJnLVhz4-87zxo1cAiMzeaub70pZeUuYImG0ZYMPQjRU1ipe-iLNSsfFP4bO
      And finally to give them a boost on their careers. 

• Personally - I am a patient person who loves listening to people and find solutions to problems. I have two teenagers at home so I have to be patient!

2. What is the #1 result you'd like to get out of this community? 

I want to connect with people, to connect them with the communities that we’ll create, to help them learn, to give them the resources to learn and drink, in person, a cup of coffee, wine, beer… after the COVID-19 lockdown

1. What are you working on right now that we can collectively help with? 

To engage more in the EMEA communities and have fun being part of our community. Let’s stay connected, learn together and shape Google’s Cloud world!

1. How can other C2C members best connect with you? 

You can reach me either with email ilias.papachristos@c2cglobal.com or on LinkedIn https://linkedin.com/in/elias-papachristos 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I think we need more context on these pictures! What are you flying? What form of martial arts is this? I have so many questions!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Ok!

This is from my last flight. February 2009. Few minutes before landing to my base. I was flying a UH-1

The martial art is Kendo. Ken = sword and Do = the mind, way. Kendo = the Way of the Sword.

The picture is from the National Greek Kendo Seminar. We held this seminar before the exams. Both for Kyu and Dan exams.

Due to my rank, Godan (5th Dan) I’m helping one of our guest Sensei (instructors). Chris Maes is a Nanadan (7th Dan) from Belgium.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!