Community Introduction: Yuval Drori Retvizer

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge
  1. What role do you serve in your current organization?
    Staff Cloud Architect at DoiT International.
  2. What's your experience with Google Cloud?
    I have managed production environments on GCP and work with many GCP customers.
  3. What are you “famous” for?
    • K8s, GKE, service mesh
    • Infrastructure and networking
    • Blockchain
  4. What is the #1 result you'd like to get out of this community?
    Help design solutions on GCP and learn at the same time.
  5. What are you working on right now that we can collectively help with?
    I always have a few GCP projects in flight testing architectures for different customers and just experimenting.
  6. How can other C2C members best connect with you?
    Here or @yuval on Twitter

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Welcome to the community @yuval! It’s great to see you here and have your insights. Look forward to hearing more from you on GKE and the latest your working on at DoiT! Check out our events, you can add our connect group coffee chats to your calendar now and pop in for a great conversation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Welcome, @yuval! Make sure to join the Infrastructure group to ask questions and share your expertise. Glad to have you and the DoiT team here! 

Badge

Thanks for reminding me @seanchinski - done.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@yuval  I’ve wanted to start up a coffee chat/monthly meetup centered around “How do they do that” for a while…

Rough concept sketch is to take a really popular product or solution that we use each day, Netflix, Spotifiy, Virtual Showrooms come to mind, that most folks have no idea how they actually work they just enjoy, and then getting a small crew together to talk through what/how you would architect this product if you were building it yourself. Allow others in the community to listen in and discuss. There are no right answers, the idea is not to perfectly solution what they actually do, more so to showcase and openly share what all needs to come together to make something like this run. 

Your note on flight testing and experimenting with architectures is what caught my eye and that we have a lot of architects in the community. I’d love your thoughts on something like this...right wrong or indifferent as I think it would be a lot of fun for folks to join in. 

JB

Badge

Sounds interesting though many companies have engineering blogs where they discuss internals. Would also be interesting to ask the customers to talk about how they are architected on GCP. I bet a lot of them, given the time and freedom to start from scratch would like to do things differently.