Google's Pixel 6 event on October 19th | C2C Community

Google's Pixel 6 event on October 19th

• 6 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

On October 19, Google will be officially introducing the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro—the completely reimagined Google phones. Powered by Tensor, Google’s first custom mobile chip. #Pixel6Launch

Do you think the new system-on-chip Tensor will be a game changer?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

To tell you the truth I haven’t used a Pixel mobile phone yet. But it sounds really interesting

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’ve been a fan of the pure Google phones ever since the Nexus One and I’ve had pretty much every phone from then up to the Pixel 5. However I’m not sure having a new home grown chip will be a massive game changer, especially to the majority of consumers. 

From a raw performance perspective the iPhone 14 still out performs the Pixel 6 - https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/compare/9850593?baseline=10141287 

Now we know that hardware benchmarks are only part of the story and the Android software gives Pixel phones an edge.

However, there is nothing about the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro that will make me rush out and buy one, especially as there are rumours of a Pixel 6 fold are around - https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/news/google-pixel-fold

Hopefully Google will be launching 3 phones on the 19th and the fold is one of them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

@PaulRLees so it is a “battle” between Pixel 6 / 6 Pro and iPhone 14?

Pixel 6 Fold? Really? Like Samsung?

WOW!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

There are also rumours of the Pixel Watch making an appearance 🤞.

Since Google acquired Fitbit and some secret smart watch tech from Fossil the Pixel Watch has a lot to live up to.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks @PaulRLees, that would be a super hit if they announce the Pixel Watch!. I kind of have a love/hate relation with my Apple watch.:sweat_smile:

I would like to see a new pixelbook, but I didn’t hear any rumour about it so it's unlikely to happen. :frowning2: