My First Post ! | C2C Community

My First Post !

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is not an educative post !

Some background about me , I am currently a Google Cloud Mentor , having 1 year of experience in Google cloud , nearly comfortable with all of the core services!

Furthermore I have 5 certification with Microsoft Azure (AZ-104,AZ-900,DP-900,AI-900,SC-900)

I am also MCT at Microsoft.

I found this community 3 months before , love this community and all the events organised by all the Guys!

love to be here and learn everyday !

appreciate all your efforts :)

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @prerit45678 ,

it's great to have you here. Do not hesitate to create more posts and more often! 

When you say you are a Google Cloud Mentor, can you be so polite and tell us more about it?

How did you become a mentor? How can someone else become a Mentor. What are your responsibilities?

It would be great to write it for members of our community. What do you think;

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Welcome @prerit45678! Where are you located? Do you have any Azureadvice for those who like getting all types of certifications?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @marissa.piazza !

I am currently located in India .Okay so below are the key advices for the interested ones!

→ All the key concepts such as making subnets, the Networking , using VM , everything is nearly same in all the cloud services, so don’t hesitate in learning new cloud services .

→ For Azure I advice you to go with AZ-900 first , from here you will come to know about the core services and their functionality 

→ Go with AI-900 if you are an AI guy or DP-900 if you interested in playing with data .

→ As most of the  people are interested in administrator  Exam (AZ-104) , go with AZ-900 then SC-900(for security implementation in azure) , play around in labs , Read docs from Microsoft learn , freecodecamp has awesome content on this and yes BE CONFIDENT!

The exam will judge your core thinking ability in Azure

I think this advice would be enough , but if anyone has any doubt just ping me up !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @ilias !

Talking about the Google Cloud Mentor program , it’s a Google Cloud India initiative for increasing awareness about Google Cloud in Universities .

So , among 4000 applicants who enrolled for the program only 40 were selected and luckily I was one of them , talking about my role , I helped students in completing Qwiklabs challenges , defining some service or helping students who faced any difficulty in Google Cloud . The students were from various universities which provided us the opportunity to connect with students of various uni’s and understanding what more development Google Cloud needs.

Furthermore from 2nd August , 4 are selected among the 40 mentors and again luckily I am one of the 4 selected mentors , we will be working with The Googlers and they will guide us on some live projects .

I will be working on 2D-3D data visualisation.

Talking about my journey in Google Cloud ,it all started 1 year back when 30 days of Google Cloud started .

Talking about my preferences , I like Azure over GCP just for the reason that things are much clear and organised in it ( GCP was just launched 3 years back , it’s a long way to go , but in future GCP is going to be at the top for Global Customer base , that’s the reason I chose of going hybrid in cloud)

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for such detailed answers @prerit45678! I am tagging some of our younger members so they can see your Azure advice: @Pranav Belhekar @Abhinav Virpal Singh @imtechwiz. @APratham we have a fellow mentor in the midst!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Actually , @Abhinav Virpal Singh is my friend only 😂

He has way more cloud certifications than me !

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Haha! Good to know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hey @prerit45678,

thanks for sharing all the above details.

I have to tell you one thing for sure. Luck has nothing to do with your selection. Both for Mentor (40 out of 4000) and for working with Googlers (4 out of 40).

For the past 2 years, I have been invited to talk about GCP at many universities in India. Have we crossed our roads somewhere?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ilias 

i don’t remember this much but I think I have heard your name before !

talking about the luck , according to my ideology no matter how much you put into the work (hard work and smart work) at the end all depends on your destiny (some say it’s destiny some say it’s luck )

Yes the efforts you put into a work counts but at the end you will only get what God has destined for you !

We don’t our destiny and hence we have no option other than to work hard and leave the rest on luck/destiny .

what are your opinion on this !?

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

So many things to discuss…

Let's start with the work. Hard work, smart work… is something I do not understand. For me, it's just a Professional work. And my definition for Professional Work is to give everything to have the best result for the work I do. Not to try but to do it as best I can.

From a simple thing like answering a question, preparing myself to host a Cloud Study Jam, to help a client with their GCP project.

I always tell my students when they participate in our training "Train like you do Shiai (fight). Well, when you are in a shiai it will be a regular workout for you ". Even better, as Aristotle said: “We are what we do repeatedly. Perfection is not an act but a habit”.

So, for me, luck/destiny has nothing to do with the results of my work. Only my habit and my choices.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ilias

I agree with you .

We both have have same intentions but with different ideologies !

I mean the goal is same but path is different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

@ilias

I agree with you .

We both have have same intentions but with different ideologies !

I mean the goal is same but path is different.

There are many trails that lead to the top of a mountain. :wink: