Data Lake Modernisation Fireside chat with ESG industry analyst, Nathan McAfee | C2C Community

Data Lake Modernisation Fireside chat with ESG industry analyst, Nathan McAfee

• 6 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Fireside chat with ESG industry analyst, Nathan McAfee.

Getting the most from big data while reducing costs and complexity
Data is growing at an explosive rate, both in the velocity of new data creation and the constant addition of new data types and sources. This rapid change in stored data forces organisations to focus on the core fundamentals of data security and cost – too often ignoring the inefficiencies experienced when trying to use the data to enable future revenue. The result: an unrealised value stored in secondary data. 

Many have adopted on-prem Apache Hadoop to store and process this data, along with Apache Spark. While these solutions provide the base functionality needed, they quickly become limiting. In this video, learn how organizations can increase the value of insights queried in data while lowering costs and complexity by deploying Google Cloud Dataproc.

Click on the video below to watch it in detail.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

WOW

Thanks, @malamin 

I missed it, I forgot it, but now I had the chance to watch it 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

You’re welcome @ilias . That's nice to hear. This type of fireside conversation always finds a point of depth for a solution architect in a real case scenario. Sometimes it has changed the entire systematic operating process that brings luck, reduce costs and increased system performance.