Lecture on Data Reliability Engineering (DRE) for better Data-driven decision making | C2C Community

Lecture on Data Reliability Engineering (DRE) for better Data-driven decision making

• 15 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Every company wants to be a Data-Driven Organization, but the quality of the Input Data & Data Ingestion Pipelines is too often too low, which puts a CXO's dream of Data-driven decision-making in jeopardy. That is why the interest in Data Observability (a.k.a. Data Reliability Engineering) is on the rise and why we invited Egor Gryaznov – co-founder of Bigeye (leading Data Observability platform), to go deep into DRE topics at the next Serverless Toronto meetup, as we continue to untangle Modern Data Stack “spaghetti”.

Egor will cover:

1. DRE historical context – Data Reliability Engineering roots in Google SRE (Site Reliability Engineering),
  2. all the Modern Data Stack acronyms – and their relationships,
  3. current DIY & vendor choices – for different use cases,
  4. similarities & differentiation between Data Observability products – something vendors rarely talk about, so you're in for a treat!

Don't be left in the dark; RSVP here for Egor's online lecture on Sep 21 at 6pm EST and bring plenty of Data Engineering questions 😀

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Great to hear from you @DanielZ !. Great topic and sure it will be a great event. I will be attending

See you there!

Alfons

Great to hear from you @DanielZ !. Great topic and sure it will be a great event. I will be attending

See you there!

Alfons

Thank you, Alfons! I’m very excited too, because, given Egor’s experience at Uber (before starting Bigeye), I believe that nobody in the world is more qualified to cover these Data Engineering topics than him.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

@DanielZ I would like to attend this event. But it’ll be at 01:00 - 03:00 am for me.

Will it be recorded? If yes, is it possible to post the link here, under your post?

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

I registered for this event. It would be fantastic and fascinating. Excited to hear about SRE and DRE, but is there really only one goal behind the scenes? Data must be correct, accurate, and relevant. Thank you very much @DanielZ for posting here this event.

@DanielZ I would like to attend this event. But it’ll be at 01:00 - 03:00 am for me.

Will it be recorded? If yes, is it possible to post the link here, under your post?

No worries, Ilias. Most of our events find their way to http://youtube.ServerlessToronto.org within a week or 2, but YouTube viewers miss the opportunity to ask our guests their questions. Cheers!