BigQuery Table design | C2C Community
Question

BigQuery Table design

• 20 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I am collecting some data for analytics and the intent is to store it in the BQ DB. Need some guidance on structuring the table so that I can utilize BQ ML for analytics.

I have reviewed the best practices document of do’s and don’ts. What I am interested is in guidance on table design to optimize some repetitive data and some of the data is in JSON. Please reach out if you are in a position to help!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/srinivasan-vanamali-2507004/

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@jaclyn_wood would someone on your team have some insight here?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Marissa  can I get some assistance with the above question,, This community isn’t what I thought would be collaborate and help each other out. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @Mali , pumping this conversation to the top of the list to see if anybody in the community has the concrete expertise to answer you!.

I’ll have a look to see if I can bring someone with the knowledge to answer your question. Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Hi @Mali, I am in the same boat too. I have a mobile app which stores data in Firestore. The data is in JSON format but nested and very much complicated to have relational structure for reporting datawarehouse in bigquery. So we are working on a cloud function based ETL which extracts data from firestore and transforms/loads to bigquery in much readable, relational model. It is a lot of work and I am sure there must be a better way of doing it. I would be happy to be a part of any knowledge sharing and discussions. 

regards,

Manish