From Monolith to Microservice - updated DevOps tech: Architecture article in Cloud Architecture Center | C2C Community

From Monolith to Microservice - updated DevOps tech: Architecture article in Cloud Architecture Center

• 7 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It’s always interesting to revisit the documentation provided in the Cloud Architecture Center. This article about DevOps tech: Architecture was just updated yesterday and covers quite a lot of ground in its text.

One thing I noted - the Strangler Fig Pattern is the most common monolith to microservice pattern I’ve seen described, and it is focused on in the linked article as well. Big Bang Rewrite is a high risk alternative that is generally viewed as being a bad idea. This article talks about several migration patterns, including Strangler Fig and Big Bang Rewrite as well as a few others. Have you seen other patterns used successfully? What were they? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Microservices architecture is the way to go. Thanks for sharing this nice piece of knowledge @jennworks40 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

That's an amazing topic for discussion @jennworks40. And the two links you provided us are great.

I'm curious to see what the rest of our members will write. I want to read their opinions and what patterns they use.

@ahmedtariq1 @Bouchra.abidar @dineshnithyan let's start with you. Which pattern are you using?

And I would like to read how you deal with the bugs when you go from a Monolith to Microservices. 😉