Google Cloud Deploy enhancements now available! | C2C Community

Google Cloud Deploy enhancements now available!

• 10 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Have you seen the blog post just published today about Google Cloud Deploy and the enhancements that are now available? If you haven’t, go check it out! Thanks to the work of the Google Cloud Deploy team, continuous software deployment to GKE is getting easier to manage.

Google Cloud Deploy was only released to general availability in January 2022, and the team is actively enhancing its capabilities. In this update, Google Cloud Deploy has added auto generation of a Skaffold configuration for single manifest applications. This is a nice jump start for teams who aren’t familiar with Skaffold.
Delivery management improvements include the ability to pause a pipeline temporarily, and to abandon a release. Release Inspector is a shiny new difference comparison tool that enables users to more easily review application manifests.

From an enterprise perspective, this update allows you to deploy Google Cloud Deploy delivery pipelines and target resources using Google Cloud Platform’s Terraform provider. And this update also adds availability to nine additional regions, giving users a total of 15 regions around the globe to choose from when using Google Cloud Deploy.

Get more details in the linked blog post, and let us know what you think about the updates and enhancements to Google Cloud Deploy!

https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/devops-sre/google-cloud-deploy-gets-continuous-delivery-productivity-enhancements

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Hello @jennworks40 

Thank you so much.

What a coincidence, I'm reading this article and considering sharing it for C2C.
But in the meantime, you share this article.

Thank you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Hi @jennworks40,

it's really amazing what Google Cloud team is doing. It's amazing how they evolve their technology.

No worries @malamin, I’m pretty sure that you will find another great post for us. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Thank you @ilias . I will always try my best.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I rarely manage to post interesting articles before you find them and share them, @malamin! You’re always on it. And as @ilias said, I’m sure you’ll find another excellent post for the group.😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Thank you so much @jennworks40 .I greatly appreciate all of your valueable posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

@malamin as a piece of advice, follow @jennworks40’s posts. Not only here on our platform. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

I will follow, Thank you @ilias.