C2C Connect Live: Paris | C2C Community

C2C Connect Live: Paris

C2C Connect Live: Paris
Userlevel 7
Badge +65
C2C Live: Paris - May 10, 2022

Our kick-off event for the EMEA region belongs to the past. It’s history.

But the beauty of this platform is that we can keep talking about it. About the topics, the speakers, the event!

Quotes & Testimonials

Our event started on time. With our French GCP Leaders, @antoine.castex and @guillaume blaquiere welcoming everyone.

Antoine & Guillaume - C2C Team Leaders

Then it was @Marcy.Young’s turn to welcome everyone and talk about our Community. What to expect from the event. What is a Community and why to join us.

Marcy - C2C Director of Sales and Alliances

Frank Zerbib, the Customer Engineering Director at Google Cloud France, was our keynote speaker. He talked about the Google Cloud regions, the footprint that Google Cloud is planning to have in the EMEA but also for the global investments by 2023. The connectivity and the infrastructure. And so many other useful things.

Franck Zerbib, Customer Engineering Director, Google Cloud France

If you are wondering how to achieve the highest data privacy in the public cloud the answer is simply. Trust, by trusting less.

Patrick Masse, from our sponsor AMD, and @Sébastien BOTHOREL, from Thales, informed us about the data security concerns. The regulations and compliance, the data sovereignty. And how they have extended the capability of Confidential VMs to deliver unified control over data at-rest, in-use and in-transit.

Patrick Masse, Principal Solutions Architect - Public Cloud & Data Centers - South EMEA , AMD
Sébastien Bothorel, DATA PROTECTION consultant - THALES DIS

We knew that everyone needed a small break to eat, drink, to chat, to network. And it was awesome to see all our members talk to each other.

Networking small break

After the small break @leighaj got the microphone and the stage! Talked about Looker. How to do modern analytics with Looker + BigQuery. She explained what is Looker and why to use Looker in combination with BigQuery. She had prepared a demo for us. LookML built for BigQuery! 😲 At the end Lea informed us about the 2022 Looker Product Roadmap.

Leigha Jarett, Product Manager, Google
Leigha Jarett, Product Manager, Google

@Matthieu BUREL was amazing. He managed to talk about Looker and BigQuery not only with a demo but also talking about Ratatouille, Lord of the Rings and the spaghetti western The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Matthieu Burel, DataVisualization & BI Platforms Manager, L'Oréal

And our Looker topic finished with Mehdi. An insightful talk on how Carrefour is using Looker with BigQuery. Their data valorization solutions. 

Mehdi Labassi, CTO Carrefour Links

At the end of our event Lucas and Youssef, from the L’Oréal Accelerator team, talked about how they use their consumer feedback to improve their products. AI & ML on GCP in a few words.

Youssef El Ouard, Project Manager, L'Oréal

Lucas Zanini, Data Scientist, L'Oréal

I kept the best for last. Networking. Chatting. Laughing! 

Networking 
Networking 😉

And Swags 😲

Swags

More Swags 😀

Swags - the return

More Swags? Really? 🥳

Swags for all

All the above couldn’t happen without the help of many people. So many things to do. And so last-time issues to solve. An image worths one thousand words. So, I’m sharing the images without saying more 😂

Awesome people to work with 🥰
Smiley faces!!! 😀
Who needs a hug? 😁
...but it worked on my pc 🤣😂
Check-in Team Rockstars! 🏆
Never-resting Team Leaders Tweeting during the event about the event 🙃
Never-resting C2C employees posting on LinkedIn during the event about the event! 😎
🥰

A huge thanks to @Marcy.Young@michellegurney, and @Dimitris Petrakis for being there with me. Filling in the gaps. Supporting. Motivating. Inspiring. Taking care of the details!

A huge thanks to our French Team Leaders for helping us with the event

Antoine - Guillaume - Dimitris (from L to R)

And last but not least, the C2C team back in the USA office. Your support was, is, and will continue to be priceless!

We are hosting another two in-person event this month.

One in Munich 👇🏻

and the other in London 👇🏻

We hope to see you there! 

Let’s meet in Munich or in London 😉

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

What a WONDERFUL post, @ilias ! I already miss all the awesome people I got to finally meet in person in Paris and the whole event was AWESOME! 

Luckily, I get to see you and @michellegurney at the next event very soon! 

It was really amazing and I was really happy to see @Marcy.Young (all this way, yay!) as well as the super rockstar C2C team leaders of France, @antoine.castex and @guillaume blaquiere

Great speakers, great people, amazing topics, fantastic vibes, great networking, smiles everywhere… What more can I say? 

Really looking forward to seeing all these wonderful people again soon!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

wow Amazing 😎 cheers

Hi Guys ! Hope you arrived home safely.

It was an amazing event indeed, thanks for the well-run organization and the opportunity to know more about the vibrant C2C community.

It was so cool to meet and discuss in-person with so many insightful people !

Last thought, what about organizing a future edition of the C2C connect in our Digital Hub at Carrefour Paris headquarters ? That would definitely be awesome :)

All the best,

Mehdi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi Guys ! Hope you arrived home safely.

It was an amazing event indeed, thanks for the well-run organization and the opportunity to know more about the vibrant C2C community.

It was so cool to meet and discuss in-person with so many insightful people !

Last thought, what about organizing a future edition of the C2C connect in our Digital Hub at Carrefour Paris headquarters ? That would definitely be awesome :)

All the best,

Mehdi.

Hello @Mehdi_Labassi ! We arrived well and safe and full of wonderful memories! Thank you for an awesome presentation and thank you for an awesome time in general!

Wow! I think this sounds fantastic! But since I’m not responsible for France, I will pass the ball and let @ilias to answer this 😁

What I do what to say though is that we had an unforgettable experience and we are all looking forward to seeing you all again! We left France with the best memories! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Bonjour @Mehdi_Labassi!

We arrived safely back home and are now preparing for the other 2 in-person events for the EMEA region.

Thank you for your kind words here on our community platform and on your social media account.

It would be a pleasure to have one of our in-person events at your Digital Hub at Carrefour headquarters in Paris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Update - The slides from the presentations have been attached to @ilias’s first post!

A big thank you to:
- Franck Zerbib (@Franck Zerbib)
- Mehdi Labassi (@Mehdi_Labassi)
- Leigha Jarett (@leighaj)
- Sebastien Bothorel (@Sébastien BOTHOREL)
- Matthieu Burel (@Matthieu BUREL)

for kindly providing the slides! 

@guillaume blaquiere@antoine.castex@alan.muntadas check this out! 😎 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

looked like it was amazing !

félicitations encore !!!

that is good

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hello @Abdulhafiz AA Sadiq and welcome to C2C, the Google Cloud Customer Community. Please don’t forget to introduce yourself in the C2C Lounge using this template. It would be great for all of us to get to know you a bit better :)