Secret Manager (SM) is a Google Cloud service that provides a secure and convenient way to store API keys, passwords, certificates, and other sensitive data. It is the central place and single source of truth to manage, access, and audit secrets across Google Cloud.
In their latest article, Seth Vargo, Developer Advocate and Product Manager and Phillip Tischler, Engineering & Product Manager are exploring the new Secret Manager capabilities and integrations that will help keep your secrets safer.
Takeaways from their blog post. The SM:
- now has a tier that is free of charge
- SLA is now 99.95%
- is now available in all public Google Cloud regions
- is validated for compliance use cases
- supports Customer-Managed Encryption Keys (CMEK)
- supports auto-expiring secrets
- supports Etags and server-side filtering
At C2C we had the opportunity to host an event with Seth Vargo and talk about the Secret Manager. You can read more about our event here.
Subscribe to our community platform.
Join our dedicated groups.
Inform us know what you want to discuss.