Open Thread: C2C Game Night presents Cloud Hero! Share your progress, ask your questions, and keep the conversation going | C2C Community

Open Thread: C2C Game Night presents Cloud Hero! Share your progress, ask your questions, and keep the conversation going

Userlevel 7

If you registered for one of our two C2C Game Night presents Cloud Hero events on April 28 (EMEA, North America), this is our official “open thread” to keep the conversation going after the live event and as you work through the labs on your way toward earning the Deploy to Kubernetes skill badge! 

• Ask your questions :interrobang:
  • Share your progress :triangular_flag_on_post:
  • Boast about your standing on the leaderboard :sunglasses:
  • Share photos of you playing the game! :shopping_bags:
  • Share a screenshot of your completed skill badge to enter the raffle for C2C swag! :ballot_box_with_check:

If you need help, @ilias and I (and the rest of the C2C team) are here to help!

19 replies

Userlevel 7

Shared on our EMEA session: 

Pro tip: take it slowly and read the material on your first time through, and then focus on speed and accuracy on repeat attempts

Userlevel 7

Welcome @Achille17 @zarandr @eduart K @EvgeniyS @CarAll @mgal @onyx093 @Rachmawati Ari Taurisia and others from our EMEA game. 

Here’s our open thread for you to connect with each other, share your progress, and ask questions as you compete over the next week. 

EMEA event recording (timestamps below)

• 0:00 - Welcome and introductions from the C2C team
  • 4:20 - What is Cloud Hero?
  • 7:45 - Solution overview: Google Kubernetes Engine
  • 28:00 - Practice round with lab overview
  • 40:25 Wrap-up and Q&A

Links shared during the session: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I was able to join the session for North America last night, must say it’s a lot of fun and more people should check this out.  Instruction and delivery were excellent from our Google Cloud friends, especially the GKE overview - I’m starting to understand this better (dangerous)  ha ha …..    ;-) 

Can’t wait to see who the winners of all that schwag will be next week !!

@danny.pancratz great job orchestrating this. 

Userlevel 7

Welcome to @alfonsmr @jasonbrancazio @Krishanr @Mandeep and others from our North America Game Night. 

NORTHAM event recording (timestamps to come)

Links shared during the session: 

Userlevel 7

How’s your progress going on the Cloud Hero labs and skill badge, everyone? 

Do you have any insights to share or want to celebrate your skill badge? 

Note: to reply to this thread, you first need to be a member of this group. Please join the group here: https://community.c2cglobal.com/groups/getting-started-with-google-cloud-108

Userlevel 1

Finished all 4 labs and got my badge. Thanks team!

Userlevel 7

congrats, @zarandr! Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 1

Completed all the labs. Thanks to the wonderful C2C team for the assistance and support throughout.

Second in the leaderboard as well. Not bad for a start :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I really enjoyed the game and learn a lot!, Thanks to the C2C Team for the opportunity to participate in the Game Night!. I finished the game!.

@alfonsmr - Cloud Hero Kubernetes Skills Badge

See you!

Alfons.

Userlevel 7

Tomorrow’s the deadline! I hope you’re finishing up those labs and earning that skill badge. 

Don’t forget to share your progress here in the thread (see examples above) for a chance to win the C2C swag we’re raffling off. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

This was fun, my first experience with Kubernetes and Docker.  This was different experience from other events I’ve taken part in.  The repeat attempts allowed us to figuring out how to be efficient, and the repeated attempts gave increased comfort with the tools. 

My first attempt,  4th place, just learning the lay of the land, made some mistakes which set me back. 

My second attempt landed me in 2nd with 219 423 274, Then along came Andrey over here leaving us all in the dust.. so settled for 3rd.. (Andrey you’re going to need to share that secret winning sauce there)… 

​​​

I was content.. until.. Alfons swooped in and bumped me back to 4th.. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED 

So back at it again.. and I dethroned Kakatuahitam just barely…. for now … 

9 hours left on the clock….a lot can change.. 

Userlevel 7

@Krishanr this update was everything I wanted it to be and more! Thanks for stoking the fires of friendly competition. 

I love the thoughts on the game experience as well. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Krishanr we love to see your competitive fire! The C2C team is pretty competitive amongst ourselves (always friendly, of course :wink: ) and you are reminding me of two of our colleagues @Content.Sabina and @Marcy.Young!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Krishanr @Laura.Brennan  @Content.Sabina Impressive! I’m waiting for the snapshot that shows you at number 1!

It was a great experience by playing this amazing Cloud Hero game.

Thanks C2C Team
for this opportunity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I was content.. until.. Alfons swooped in and bumped me back to 4th.. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED 

I was happy with the 3rd place….but….. @Krishanr shake the leaderboard! :wink: , so here I come again!

Chers!

Alfons.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@alfonsmr alright .. you got me.. I tried, I know where I need could make some improvements, till the next game then. 

Userlevel 7

Now that game play has wrapped for this challenge, one final call to share your results to enter into the raffle!

Additionally, the Cloud Hero team has provided this information for you to extend Qwiklabs game play for the next 30 days. Stretch your skills beyond this game and earn some more skill badges. 

Here’s the info they gave us: 

1. Follow the provided link: https://google.qwiklabs.com/quests/116?qlcampaign=1m-cloudhero-37 Link expires at 10th May, 2021 so hurry!)
2. You will be prompted to log into Qwiklabs. If you did not already have a Qwiklabs account, you’ll need to create one. Creating an account is always free. Use your Business email please.
3. Then, click on the “Enroll in this Quest” button.
4. Perform the first, or any, lab from the Quest.
5. After completion, when you click “End lab”, you will get a free pass in your account for 30 days.
6. You will be able to take labs free of charge. (You must be logged in to see the benefit).

Userlevel 1

Final results: