Workspace Web 3 File System Testers Wanted | C2C Community

Workspace Web 3 File System Testers Wanted

• 23 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all.

We are looking for testers for our new Web 3 app suite, starting with Mobile.

The app suite is a Web 3 File System that works within Google Workspace by allowing secure storage on a Blockchain with HFE search, Secure analytics within Big Query and full document redaction for PII data.

We are initially looking for testers for our mobile apps, which:
If logged in with a Workspace Account - Can share files across all of your Workspace groups within fully sandboxed Blockchains outside of Drive, along with secure file share to external people. All external shares are separated out into their own Blockchain and are only accessible with a key that you the sharer has control over.
If logged in with a User/password pair - Secure file share to external people. All external shares are separated out into their own Blockchain and are only accessible with a key that you the sharer has control over.

All users have full search across the encrypted file system and access to securely upload and view files. All files are securely stored fully encrypted on a Blockchain that only the user has access to. Access is via an encryption key that is never stored and is derived at time of use, so no one except the owner can access the data.

If you wish to become a test please fill in this short form on our web site.
https://www.omniindex.io/dropblockbeta/

Thanks and have fun

Simon

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @sibain , It sounds very interesting. Could you please describe the use case for this tool. What would be the purpose of sharing the files on the blockchain instead of Google Drive?

Kind regards,
Tailor

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@tailorvj hi.

A very quick use case is where a company wishes to utilise a cloud file storage but is concerned about the security of their content. So they cannot use Dropbox, One Drive etc. This causes extra expense in an organisation and also can cause issues with productivity. The way that Dropblock works means that all storage is sandboxed to a user or group all shares are not just soft links but physical sandboxed storage areas, while maintaining the cloud access. In addition because we utilise a Web 3 (Blockchain) file system it is basically impervious to attacks such as ransomware. This is because a Web 3 file system is immutable and distributed. Should 1 node get attacked it can never propagate across the other nodes. Meaning that your content is allways accessible. Also because of the immutability an item cannot be modified. @jstanbri can you expand on this for me?

Simon

Userlevel 4
Badge

@tailorvj hey there.. the generic use case is that:

1. I have documents / content / stuff that I need to keep secure, really secure. Encryption where I own the key (and not Google) and on a blockchain (so that the data is immutable) and redundant across multiple nodes is really really secure.
  2. I would like to get analytics, meaning, context from that document / content / stuff *without* ever decrypting it 

our Web3.0 file system combines our patented homomorphic encryption with blockchain to allow both of these scenarios to coexist. This is rather unique.

Specific use cases run across customers who hold PII Customer Data, but whose business will be positively impacted by the ability to analyse and draw data from that Customer Data - 
Not only analytics, but increasingly, the protection from GDPR infringements by keeping your PII Customer Data encrypted end-to-end, but also protecting from ransomeware attacks with an immutable ledger, that allows you to rebuild your file-system in the time it takes to connect to the internet.

• Healthcare
  • Education
  • Finance
  • Insurance
  • Supply Chain

https://www.omniindex.io/solutions/ for more details.

If you use Google Drive, then our Workspace addon will allow you to have the best of both worlds. Document creation and collaboration with our omniindex, fully homomorphic web3.0 file system 

For now, give the mobile app a whirl? this demonstrates the ease with which you can add ‘stuff’ to your block, and even share a read-only view with a colleague or friend.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am a free google workspace and storj account user. (not an engineer)

How can I calculate the fee?

Do a file with the same name with different hash add on google drive each time , a file is updated?

Will  it be Synchronized with google drive storage?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@katsuhiko shibata thank you for your great questions. 
Firstly fee. We are giving 5GB of storage for free for Dropblock above that then there is a charge and these vary and can be found on our web site. 

Now on to the storage part. We do not store the files on Google Drive, they are stored within the node services (blockchain nodes).  Our nodes are all housed within different regions on GCP however it is possible to house your own node services and these can be installed for free from the Google Marketplace.
Now to the same name different hash question. If the file is an updated one then now we calculate the storage use based on the latest file size. @jstanbri would you like to add anything?  

@katsuhiko shibata I Johore that my answers were able to help. Please reach out if you have any additional or further questions. 

simon

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you for your reply.

katsuhiko  shibata

https://campustokyo.slack.com/archives/D0448LBPWN8/p1682645361218169

Interested!