Has anyone managed to get Beyond Corp Enterprise chrome connectors working? | C2C Community

Has anyone managed to get Beyond Corp Enterprise chrome connectors working?

I’ve been working with our Google Sales rep and support for several months trying to get this working (it went GA at the beginning of the year).  The folks from Chronicle seem to be missing in action and don’t return emails and the support teams can’t figure out how to enable the settings.  We’ve also reached out to several Partners (we are an in-progress partner); most of which can’t get it working either on their customers.

Is anyone else having luck with this?  Or is it a released-but-not-really-released product?

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/10106035?hl=en

Our goal is to test this out on a smaller domain before rolling it out to our larger domains.

This was a much touted piece of BeyondCorp this year...

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Sorry to say but not even the big ones reeally know how to buy Beyosd Corp Enterprise yet. I believe that not even Google knows right now 😅

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yea Google is confused. If you can't buy it, they shouldn't say it's "generally available". It's essentially existing products rebranded/bundled together.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @paudley - Sorry to hear that, can you tell me the problem you are facing in details along with the setup / configuration you have in place?

I would try to help out.

Hi @paudley - Sorry to hear that, can you tell me the problem you are facing in details along with the setup / configuration you have in place?

I would try to help out.

I appreciate any help, thanks!   Most people seem to be stuck at the “fill out the Chronicle form” page that either goes nowhere (500 on submit) or eventually works but sends back an email saying the product is not yet ready (which it is according to the Google pages).  Something is supposed to happen after that, magically blessing your account with the settings.

That’s where support thinks we are stuck too.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you, understood.

I will certainly make the respectiveteam aware of it.

Thanks.  We’re big fans of BeyondCorp in general and this feature is a pretty standout feature if it works.

In the meantime, we’ll keep pushing our support and sales reps to see if they can figure it out.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@paudley Form should be fixed by now.

@paudley Form should be fixed by now.

Thanks, the form works now or at least doesn’t 500.  It’s still weird to see a Google product gated through an external website using hsforms and HubSpot to get an OK from a subunit of Google, Chronicle, to allow you to maybe, possibly, buy a product that has been GA for months.  Feels…. not enterprise in any way.

Support still can’t figure out how to enable it.  I guess I’ll wait for a response from the form (if anyone at Google gets it; there is no response from the form in email confirming submission).

To date I’ve been contacted by over 20 gsuite enterprise admins in the same boat and not a SINGLE admin that has been able to get this working - the general consensus is that the product does not exist yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I won’t be able to comment on why marketing use such forms etc as I have limited understanding of marketing operations.

I have communicated the issue you raised, form is now fixed, someone from the respective team should reach out to you (and others).

Note: still crickets from Chronicle after the form.

Note to everyone:

This product is NOT GA even though Google mentions it all the time.  Support finally “fixed” it by removing the pages that referenced it.   This is not building trust...

---8<------ 

Hello Patrick,

My name is XXXXX and I'm writing to you on behalf of XXXX who is out of the office at the moment. We have an update from the engineering team. Looks like the feature you're interested in is in Trusted tester phase. The article about it has been removed for the time being.

We'll let you know if anything else changes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@paudley just curious which feature are you interested in which isn't available yet?

@paudley just curious which feature are you interested in which isn't available yet?

Pretty much all the real-time analysis features mentioned on this page (which was not deleted by the support team):

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/10106035

Chrome connectors are supposed to allow you to push DLP down to the secured browsers and provide an additional layer of protections for logged in sessions.  This was announced almost a year ago and was supposed to dovetail with Enhanced Safe Browsing when it was released.    I’ve since been told by numerous Google employees to just ignore anything with Chronicle involved as it’s likely to be abandoned.