Is anyone caught up in this Gmail fiasco? | C2C Community

Is anyone caught up in this Gmail fiasco?

• 28 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Does anyone know why there wasn’t an app update option here?

It seems crazy to have to get a new phone all the time instead of just getting an OS upgrade. Right?

Here’s the story for those of you who haven’t seen it yet.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

You do realise that this is a 10 year old operating system version that they are blocking. That is totally fine. You should NOT use it.  Ever. 

And Google is right with blocking it. Consider this: who will be blamed when there is a big breach on these devices.  The user who refused to update to something secure or Google? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

You do realise that this is a 10 year old operating system version that they are blocking. That is totally fine. You should NOT use it.  Ever. 

And Google is right with blocking it. Consider this: who will be blamed when there is a big breach on these devices.  The user who refused to update to something secure or Google? 

Agreed. I would never support a 10 year old operating system, let alone a 1 year old out of date system. Everything we do is housed in these phones. Rather get something like a iPhone or an Android that has longer support. This is like asking software companies to support Windows XP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Good points folks! I guess as a late adopter to technology myself, I keep my phones a bit longer than most...maybe too long. I was enraged for my more serious fellow luddites...but you both make reasonable points that outweigh the argument for us cheapskates. :blush: