Question

Messages sent to Hotmail go to the Spam folder

• 2 April 2021
  • 6 replies

I have noticed odd behavior when I send a message from my workspace account to Hotmail account it’s received in the spam and when I send it from my personal Gmail it’s received in the inbox?
I have reached Google support and they said it depends on Microsoft filters but actually it is very odd and my SPF and DKIM are configured correctly.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@steve-c2c @stevelarsen Can you weigh in for @a. Zaki

@a. Zaki There are tons of Workspace gurus floating around our halls so hopefully we can get you something a bit more tactile on this. 

JB

Userlevel 1
Badge

@a. Zaki would you be able to share the domain that’s having issues? We can dive into the spf/dkim and dmarc settings for it and see what might be causing the delivery issues. Have you also configured dmarc for the domain?

Yes, sure

The domain is lochere. com

But SPF and DKIM are configured correctly.

The problem when sending to hotmail not for all my messages.

@steve-c2c 

Yes, sure

The domain is lochere. com

But SPF and DKIM are configured correctly.

The problem when sending to hotmail not for all my messages.

@steve-c2c

Any good news? 

Checking the domain with Google DIG Toolbox it says it’s missing DKIM.

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=lochere.com&dkim_selector=google

But, it’s usually enough with SPF, unless you actually use other mail clients than the official Gmail apps, and even worse if you send email through another SMTP.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you can provide a sanitized header that landed in spam we can probably take a closer look.