Provisioning, Deprovisioning, Onboarding, Offboarding, or User Lifecycle Management, we all have terms we use for the starters, leavers and movers tasks we follow within our Google Workspace environment.
On the 17th June the UK and Ireland Community will be hosting another online event on this popular topic. Before then we’re interested to understand how others are managing this process?
What tools and scripts are you using?
Are you scripting and using tools like GAM, which is extremely popular amongst many Google Workspace for Education customers, or have your purchased Google Workspace management tools like BetterCloud or Patronum?
Have you taken advantage of the new Google Workspace licensing options for archived users?
When it comes to offboarding there are a number of key steps, what are you doing in relation to:-
- Securing - Things like resetting passwords, wiping mobile devices.
- Delegating - Such as delegating groups, calendars, shared drives.
- Archiving - Moving files and folders, emails, calendar items.
- Reclaiming - Getting back your hardware etc.
- Deleting - Removing the account and reducing license count.
Let us know what your SLaM (Starters, Leavers and Movers) approach is.