When I open any of my Google Docs, regardless of type, they will freeze my Chrome Browser and all open tabs for about :20-:30 secs. Then, they begin to function normally until I close and re open, and the condition then repeats.
This issue began about a month after I upgraded to Monterey, but doesn’t seem to have been the direct cause, as the documents functioned normally for a while.
I have uninstalled and re installed Google Drive. I have left the synced file directory on my hard drive at it’s default install location. I have not reinstalled Chrome, but regularly clear the Cache. I have not reinstalled the OS, as all other program apps are functioning normal.
- Persists whether I open a file from synced hard drive or directly from Google Drive online
- Persists from different locations, different Service Providers, different routers.
- No one else that shares these files experience this condition.
- From my new 2021 Macbook Pro laptop, I do not experience any of these conditions.
- I do not experience this issue with any other Web sites while browsing in Chrome.
So, I’ve narrowed the range of culprits as tight as I know how to do.
Best answer by AlfonsView original