Google Calendar Guest Edit Domain Default | C2C Community

Google Calendar Guest Edit Domain Default

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

When creating an event the organiser can choose to allow edits from their guests. A great and pointed ability to allow guests to add event details. 

A calendar owner can also choose to share their calendar with edit rights to an organisation. Most of the time this is an over extension of rights that most would not want to use. 

When creating and sharing an event I can set the “let guests edit event” as default too. But that setting seems overly broad in some cases. 

I’d love to be able to set this setting as default for company internal guests so I can ensure that all my colleagues who are guests of an event can simply go in and edit an event while external guests can not. 

This has a handful of benefits to the users:

• Users can ask another guest to add or edit a section of an event w/o being the organiser or a calendar editor.
  • Users can still be sure that external guests are not able to edit the event if they don't want that to happen.
  • Users in an organisation often have a different (higher) level of insight into availability and applicable data/documents and are trusted to do those changes.
  • External users don't retain the ability to change event details just so internal users can gain some quality of life benefits.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

This is interesting! Didn’t know it. Thanks for sharing it @dominikkugelmann :grinning:

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Good to know this.. Thanks a ton @dominikkugelmann :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yep, very helpful!

Chris Hood  |  That Digital Show