Workforce Identity Federation allows you to set up an identity pool to use an external identity provider to authenticate and authorize access to resources within your company's Google Cloud. In this video, Google Cloud developer advocate show how you can set up this identity pool using Workforce Identity Federation. Watch to learn the configuration setups you might use depending on your provider!
Click on the video below to watch it in detail.
0:00 - Intro
0:23 - Getting started: Pre-requisites
0:42 - Documentation
1:51 - Permissions
2:08 - Configure the Workforce identity pool
2:51 - WIF pool providers
3:34 - Create OIDC IDP
4:30 - Configure our pool
5:51 - Wrap up
- Workforce Identity Federation → https://goo.gle/workforce-identity-fe...
- Documentation: Documentation for Configuring workforce identity federation → https://goo.gle/3zL1Hco
- Documentation for Configuring WIF with Azure AD → https://goo.gle/3zKCZch
- Documentation for Configuring WIF with Okta → https://goo.gle/3zFx3RJ
- Documentation for Obtaining short lived credentials → https://goo.gle/3zFxc7J
- Workforce Identity Federation playlist → https://goo.gle/WorkforceIdentityFede...
- Subscribe to Google Cloud Tech → https://goo.gle/GoogleCloudTech
Identity Pools and Identity Providers and WIF to authenticate and authorize access to resources within your company's Google Cloud. What about the cost?
But do I need that? Isn't there any other way?