Security on GCP | C2C Community

Security on GCP

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Here are the latest updates, products, services and resources from GCP security teams on May: 

• PSP protocol now open source: In order to better scale the security GCP offer their customers, they created a new cryptographic offload protocol for internal use that they open sourced in May. Intentionally designed to meet the requirements of large-scale data-center traffic, the PSP Protocol is a TLS-like protocol that is transport-independent, enables per-connection security, and is offload-friendly. 
  • Updating Siemplify SOAR: The future of security teams is heading towards “anywhere operations,” and the latest version of Siemplify SOAR can help get us there. It gives organizations the building blocks needed across cloud infrastructure, automation, collaboration, and analytics to accelerate processes for more timely responses and automated workflows. In turn, this can free up teams to focus on more strategic work.
  • Guardrails and governance for Terraform: Popular open-source Infrastructure-as-Code tool Terraform can increase agility and reduce errors by automating the deployment of infrastructure and services that are used together to deliver applications. This new tool verifies Terraform and can help reduce misconfigurations of Google Cloud resources that violate any of your organization's policies. 
  • Benchmarking Container-Optimized OS: As part of GCP’s security-first approach to safeguarding customer data while also making it more scalable, GCP want to make sure that their Container-Optimized OS is in line with industry-standard best practices. To this end, the Google Cloud Security team has released a new CIS benchmark that clarifies and codifies the security measures they have been using, and makes recommendations for hardening. 
  • New reCAPTCHA Enterprise guidebook: Identifying when a fraudster is on the other end of the computer is a complex endeavor. The new reCAPTCHA Enterprise guidebook helps organizations identify a broad range of online fraud and strengthen their website security.
  • Take the State of DevOps 2022 survey: The State of DevOps report by Google Cloud and the DORA research team is the largest and longest running research of its kind, with inputs from more than 32,000 professionals worldwide. This year will focus on how security practices and capabilities predict overall software delivery and operations performance, so be sure to share your thoughts with us.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Hello @Rashtra Kundalini News ,

is it related to the google? I didn't find any similarities in your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Hi @illas,

Thank you for the excellent summaries of the article. I'm reading them one by one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Hi @malamin,

thangs for flagging the post. I trashed it.

Glad that you liked my post and found it useful.

😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Thank you so much @ilias