Whitepaper: Designing and deploying a data security strategy with Google Cloud | C2C Community

Whitepaper: Designing and deploying a data security strategy with Google Cloud

• 17 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7

In January, Google published a new whitepaper: Designing and deploying a data security strategy with Google Cloud.

In this blog summary, one of the authors -- Anton Chuvakin, Head of Solutions Strategy -- lays out the vision for the white paper as:

Specifically, we wanted to explore both the question of starting a data security program in a cloud-native way, as well as adjusting your existing daily security program when you start utilizing cloud computing.

Imagine you are migrating to the cloud and you are a traditional company. You have some data security capabilities, and most likely you have an existing daily security program, part of your overall security program. Perhaps you are deploying tools like DLP, encryption, data classification and possibly others. Suddenly, or perhaps not so suddenly, you're migrating some of your data processing and some of your data to the cloud. What to do? Do my controls still work? Are my practices current? Am I looking at the right threats? How do I marry my cloud migration effort and my other daily security effort? Our paper seeks to address this scenario by giving you advice on the strategy, complete with Google Cloud examples.

On the other hand, perhaps you are the company that was born in the cloud. In this case, you may not have an existing data security effort. However, if you plan to process sensitive or regulated data in the cloud, you need to create one. How does a cloud native data security program look like? Which of the lessons learned by others on premise I can ignore? What are some of the cloud-native ways for securing the data?

If this whitepaper was valuable for you, please upvote it and add a comment with your favorite takeaway. Upvoted resources will be curated in our Learn section to help C2C members access the top recommended resources from our community. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!