CLOUD COMPUTING AND THE FUTURE OF STARTERS | C2C Community

CLOUD COMPUTING AND THE FUTURE OF STARTERS

• 17 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

The world of cloud computing is revolutionizing the way business and companies are being run, COVID 19 also helped(depend on which side you stand) shaped how working remotely should like. 

The rise of this amazing technology also came with new roles and new challenges while roles like cloud architect and Cloud DevOps architect also came up, it created a new shift on what skills one should have to function in such roles. 

Skill set depends on the cloud role you are chasing as GCI, Azure, AWS and Oracle will mean different knowledge on how the platform works. 

Kubernetes and Docker are highly recommend skill set that any one who wants to work on cloud must have. 

While this is important, a lot of questions are arising which are: 

• who defines what should be the bench mark for approved skill set, the cloud provider, the government, the cloud users or the company.
  • Should all Cloud user have a unified interface or a 3rd party interface that allows a novice cross from one platform to another without having to learn new skill.

This are critically question we must ask ourselves if we must aim to evolve the world to become cloud user. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@Spiderweb would you care to share your personal journey here as it relates to this topic? Did you become interested in cloud computing because of COVID?

Userlevel 2

@Spiderweb would you care to share your personal journey here as it relates to this topic? Did you become interested in cloud computing because of COVID?

Not really, i got to know about Cloud before COVID but i really got interested after seeing the rush for companies to use the infrastructure. 

It was exciting to see that the world was shaping up towards a new kind of market and i needed to take front sit.    

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

I watched the digital transformation before the COVID era and I still watch it.

It is really amazing how a pandemic has accelerated this process. Workspace for team collaboration, GCP to work from home on the company’s project with security in mind!

@Spiderweb as a cloud user, I can tell you that you can easily learn the same things from other public cloud providers if you get a Google Cloud Certification. The only thing that changes is the UI and the names of the products/technologies.

Userlevel 2

I watched the digital transformation before the COVID era and I still watch it.

It is really amazing how a pandemic has accelerated this process. Workspace for team collaboration, GCP to work from home on the company’s project with security in mind!

@Spiderweb as a cloud user, I can tell you that you can easily learn the same things from other public cloud providers if you get a Google Cloud Certification. The only thing that changes is the UI and the names of the products/technologies.

True, I agree totally, for someone like me that is extremely serious about picking the skill, I could do that. 

But not everyone wants to spend an extra time trying to figure their way across platforms.  

Finally we can agree that the pandemic created a shift but what I don't know is if the shift is going to create a new pathway for business development and execution. 

Only time will tell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

@Spiderweb it’s not a spend of time.

As a coder - developer - engineer - programmer you invest time on learning.

Learning new programming languages like Go or Julia

Learning how to work in the Cloud instead of working in a premi or working in a hybrid environment

Learning - Learning - Learning

The moment someone decides to stop investing time in learning, it will be the biggest mistake. Everything changes and evolves quickly.

At least this is what I believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Just read this article @Spiderweb 

It’s as if someone read our posts. Take a look at it.

Userlevel 2

Just read this article @Spiderweb 

It’s as if someone read our posts. Take a look at it.

Read it and it's quite insightful, I really need to redefine my though around my question again but we must start trying to simplify the process for the everyday user.