End of Week Wins for Cloud Infrastructure (7/9) | C2C Community

End of Week Wins for Cloud Infrastructure (7/9)

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hello Cloud Infrastructure Group! As people around the world are wrapping up their work week, let’s take a moment to celebrate the wins (both big and small). Feel free to share:

• Your personal victories this week
  • Any company victories you would like to share out
  • General achievements that this group can all get behind

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Hi everybody!

This week I recommended the best way for a client to install Wordpress on GCP. And there are so many ways to install Wordpress on GCP!

It can be installed using Google Compute Engine (GCE), the installation is for light workloads and low scalability, but the installation can be done with a single click.

It can also be installed using Google App Engine (GAE), we must leave the SQL database outside GAE using Cloud SQL. We will get high scalability using GAE containers.

If we need the maximum scalability we can use Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), with the SQL outside GKE. with GKE we will get autoscaling but more complex deployment.

For those who wonder, the client required the most economical solution with a low volume of visits to the site and no need to scale, so the first option, GCE, was chosen.

Have a nice weekend!

Alfons

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks for the share @alfonsmr ! What are typical functions people use Wordpress for? I just remember it as a blog site...

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Hi @marissa.piazza , yep, the main purpose of Wordpress is blogging, but it can be easily expanded with plugins and themes to do a lot of things. Recently I participated in a designing of a Wordpress site that also needs to do eCommerce and eLearning and it was all done with Wordpress and plugins. Wordpress is open source with a very rich community of developers making plugins for every imaginable purpose, making Wordpress one of the most successful platforms to host all kind of websites. It can also be expanded into a full featured social network!.

Cheers,

Alfons

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

That is super cool @alfonsmr! I’m curious how many startups have created their first prototypes in Wordpress...I wonder how many future Facebooks are being coded right now… @APratham this could be your big break!