Is a significant change in certifications coming? | C2C Community

Is a significant change in certifications coming?

• 26 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

The debate on how necessary certifications are and how faithfully they demonstrate one's ability as a professional has always been in the day-to-day conversations.
At the same time, there is a boom in the use of cloud labs, real environments where we are given credentials to carry out the requested activities in real scenarios.
Many professions require hands-on exams to obtain a degree. It does not seem unreasonable to think that cloud certificates could follow the same path.

Neither Google nor Microsoft has announced anything about getting theory and practice together in an exam, at least that I know of. Amazon is the first to announce a certification that includes a laboratory as part of the exam.
From my point of view, I do not discard seeing Google announce an exam that includes a hands-on lab, and if this happens, I think it is good. It will increase the recognition of those who spend many hours studying and preparing for the certifications.

What do you think? Are we going to see these changes shortly with Google certifications? Do you think it will improve certifications' acceptance?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@alex.maksymec - might be helpful for your awesome certification piece coming together!