Multi-layer API security with Apigee and Google Cloud Armor | C2C Community

Multi-layer API security with Apigee and Google Cloud Armor

• 16 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Apigee X includes OAuth (Open Authorization), API keys, role-based access and many other API-level security features

Cloud Armor offers network and application  security such as DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) protection, geo-fencing, mitigation of OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) Top 10 risks, and custom Layer-7 filtering.

With Apigee X and Cloud Armor, developers enjoy integrated, out-of-the-box security capabilities to protect their APIs at multiple levels.

And we can leverage with Cloud Identity and IAM for authenticating and authorizing access to the Apigee platform.

This article explains so many things. Do you think that something is missing? Let us know your thoughts!

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Apigee seems a really great tool but there is too few content on it. How to start? How to deploy my first API? How to create an account? What’s the pricing model? 

The basis aren’t so simple and rarely explained. Content on that could be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

I totally agree with you @guillaume blaquiere

My best resources are/were Qwiklabs and their documentation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@guillaume blaquiere  

The Developing APIs with Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform specialization course on Coursera can help you find the answers to your questions. I'm taking the course now and it's really great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

@Ezekias it would be really helpful if you could write them here so that we can read them.

What do you think?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@ilias I did not understand your message correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Hi @Ezekias, sorry about that.

@guillaume blaquiere wrote “Apigee seems a really great tool but there is too little content on it. How to start? How to deploy my first API? How to create an account? What’s the pricing model?”

And you answered that the Specialization you attend on Coursera can help him find the answers.

Is it possible to write the answers here or even better write a post on what you are learning now?

It will be really useful for all members of our community!

What do you think?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@ilias  Yes it's possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Awesome!

Thanks @Ezekias