Who do you go to when you don't know the answer? | C2C Community

Who do you go to when you don't know the answer?

• 15 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Since we have so many experts in Cloud Infrastructure, I’m curious, when you, as the expert, don’t know the answer who do you go to or where do you turn? Feel free to @ people and/or invite others to the community and conversation or share resources that would be helpful to the entire group. Look forward to hearing your responses!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

My first point of contact is always my CE (Customer Engineer). When the question is too tricky, they ask the PM (Product Manager), with sometime me in the loop. Like this, I’m known by the PM.

Now I have a bunch of internal contact at Google Cloud that help me to ask directly them when I’m stuck, or when a feature request seems interesting.

Another way, is the Alpha mailing list. You can ask other users and Googlers about a specific products about alpha feature and even future release/roadmap. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@guillaume blaquiere the Alpha mailing list is a great go-to resource! thanks for sharing your process, very helpful! Is there someone internally on your team you reach out to bounce ideas off of? Let's @ them in, I’d love to hear what/who their go-to’s are, so interesting to hear what we all do when we do in these situations!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

My former colleagues @antoine.castex taught me this!!

There is also a lot of great content on community platform, such as Stack Overflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing @guillaume blaquiere. I firmly believe, people are our best resources, everyone’s experience, and sharing that experience helps us all learn and iterate faster SO I’m curious @antoine.castex where or to who do you go when you don’t know an answer?