Dan Stuart, SVP of IT Services at Southwire Company, joined C2C on the virtual stage. Stuart shared how the 71-year-old manufacturing company set the bar in its industry by moving the mission-critical SAP ECC workload environment to Google Cloud.
Key discussion points:
- What business problem were you trying to solve by moving to the cloud, and what aspects of cloud infrastructure are most important to you?
- How did you determine the right way to approach these challenges, and why was Google Cloud the solution to that?
- With the advent of cloud and Southwire’s move, how do you equip your team with cloud-related tools and skills?
- In what ways do you see Southwire Company taking advantage of other Google Cloud offerings in data, analytics, AI, ML, or industry-specific solutions for manufacturing?
- Having completed the project in July 2020 and now about a year post-migration, what has been the biggest payoff?
Watch the entire conversation here:
Want to learn more? Join us on May 26 for a technical overview with the Southwire team.