Get to Know the Google Cloud Data Engineer Certification | C2C Community

Get to Know the Google Cloud Data Engineer Certification

Categories: Data Analytics Careers in Cloud Storage and Data Transfer Google Cloud Certifications Databases Infographic
Get to Know the Google Cloud Data Engineer Certification

Personal development and professional development are among the hottest topics within our community. At C2C, we’re passionate about helping Google Cloud users grow in their careers. This article is part of a larger collection of Google Cloud certification path resources.

The Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer certification covers highly technical knowledge concerning how to build scalable, reliable data pipelines and applications. Anyone who intends to take this exam should also be comfortable selecting, monitoring, and troubleshooting machine learning models.

In 2021, the Professional Data Engineer rose to number one on the top-paying cloud certifications list, surpassing the Professional Cloud Architect, which had held that spot for the two years prior. According to the Dice 2020 Tech Job Report, it’s one of the quickest growing IT professions, and even with an influx of people chasing that role, the supply can’t meet the demand. More than ever, businesses are driven to take advantage of advanced analytics; data engineers design and operationalize the infrastructure to make that possible.

Before you sit at a test facility for the real deal, we highly recommend that you practice with the example questions (provided by Google Cloud) with Google Cloud’s documentation handy. All the questions are scenario-based and incredibly nuanced, so lean in to honing your reading comprehension skills and verifying your options using the documentation.

We’ve linked out to plenty of external resources for when you decide to commit and study, but let’s start just below with questions like:

• What experience should I have before taking this exam?
  • What roles and job titles does Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer certification best prepare me for?
  • Which topics do I need to brush up on before taking the exam?
  • Where can I find resources and study guides for Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer certification?
  • Where can I connect with fellow community members to get my questions answered?

View image as a full-scale PDF here.

Infographic describing an overview of Google Cloud Data Engineer certification.

Looking for information about a different Google Cloud certification? 

Check out the directory in the Google Cloud Certifications Overview.

Extra Credit

Have more questions?

We’re sure you do! Career growth is a hot topic within our community and we have quite a few members who meet regularly in our C2C Connect: Certifications chat. Sign up below to stay in the loop.

https://community.c2cglobal.com/events/c2c-connect-google-cloud-certifications-72

Be the first to reply!