Register Now: Introduction to Cilium - An event with Cilium's Co-founder and CTO, Thomas Graf | C2C Community

Register Now: Introduction to Cilium - An event with Cilium's Co-founder and CTO, Thomas Graf

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies
Register Now: Introduction to Cilium - An event with Cilium's Co-founder and CTO, Thomas Graf
Userlevel 7
Badge +29

What is Cilium?

Originally created by Isovalent, Cilium is an open source software for providing, securing and observing network connectivity between container workloads - cloud native, and fueled by the revolutionary Kernel technology eBPF.

Who will talk?

We are very happy to announce that we will have Cilium's and Isovalent's Co-Creator and CTO Thomas Graf speaking at a C2C event on December 6 at 4pm CET, giving us an introduction to Cilium.

What will I learn?

Google chose Cilium as the native network layer for Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) to increase security and visibility for containers.

At this event, a high-level overview, you will learn about Cilium’s architecture, what problems it solves, and what a modern customer cloud journey looks like.

Enterprises are rapidly adopting cloud-native technologies to support the rollout of business applications. Unfortunately, they quickly realize that legacy approaches that rely on IPs and ports as their main notion of identity are useless in the highly dynamic world of Kubernetes. eBPF, a technology used to run programs in the Linux Kernel safely, promises to fundamentally change cloud-native networking. Cilium uses a new and powerful Linux kernel technology, eBPF, to provide high-performance and cloud-native-aware networking, observability, and security. Cilium’s unique capabilities enable Kubernetes architects to solve many challenges they commonly face as Kubernetes platforms mature.

This event is organized by C2C's Switzerland & Austria group and will be held in English language.

I will be there along with @ilias@tom@kevinpfaffhauser and @danacristinii

How can I join?

This event has now been completed! A takeaway post with a video recording will be published soon!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It was an exciting and very informative presentation. I can an highly recommend it.

Very nice presentation to know more about Cilium and how the solution fits in the K8s ecosystem.

Userlevel 4
Badge

It was a great talk to catch-up on the latest developments and upcoming plans. Saves me some trouble knowing the upcoming plans for GKE.