Assigning up to 25 cohosts per Google Meet: Let's do it! | C2C Community

Assigning up to 25 cohosts per Google Meet: Let's do it!

• 12 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thanks to @Nina Trankova for bringing another juicy tidbit to our coffee chats! The Google Meet changes will start rolling out next week. Who is ready for this game changer?!!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

My pleasure @marissa.piazza ! The first who are ready to use this multi-moderation opportunity in Meet meetings are the teachers. Co-hosting is a functionality Google Meet rolled out for educators first as part of the "back to school" campaign. It was a long awaited request. One can tell how distance education is becoming a better experience. 

I think that all event organizers will be benefitting from the co-host option of choices. It's game changing indeed as far as the Google Meet meeting includes now team accountability. Regardless if I'm travelling or needed at other places, the co-hosts will be available for the participants. With employers looking more and more into data/time costs as @PaulRLees and others discussed as well as into efficient collaboration @chanelgreco talked about, I can't wait to see numerous scenarios of co-hosted Google Meet meetings. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I'd like to repeat my recommendation to subscribe to this post  https://support.google.com/s/community/forum/13987919/thread/120857872 It will be upated with details that are different for the Google Workspace editions. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

The co-host feature will definitely help @andy.yates , @Fintan Murphy , @ilias and myself run the UK&I events. Especially when the meet link accidentally gets out into the wild. 😜

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

This functionality has been rolled out 100% to all users now. Here's a usful tutorial about the new Host Moderation in Google Meet my colleague created. Stay tuned for my version of a video on the recent improvements in Google Meet.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thank you so much Nina!!