End of Week Wins for Google Workspace (07/30) | C2C Community

End of Week Wins for Google Workspace (07/30)

• 30 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hello Google Workspace Group! As people around the world are wrapping up their work week, let’s take a moment to celebrate the wins (both big and small). Feel free to share:

• Your personal victories this week
  • Any company victories you would like to share out
  • General achievements that this group can all get behind

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I have suggested an integration for a subscribers model an enterpreneur demands. I have offered a Google Solution with Dynamic Google Groups API versus customized Html based on a local server. So let's see which one is more appealing and for what features will they take the decision to prioritize. 

If anyone has similar working models, please share the information in the comments!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@Gabriel HocesI thought you might be interested in learning more about this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Definitely, thanks for sharing @marissa.piazza:grinning:

@Nina Trankova I’m curious to know how and where you’re planning on using the integration for the Dynamic Google Groups API? : )

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Gabriel Hoces that's a good question. Thank you for asking! Right now I don't know the answer yet. Shall keep posting here along the following week. 

Thank you for the facilitating this talk @marissa.piazza !   

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Gabriel Hoces my idea has not worked. Looks like we cannot control how are selected external users viewing our Shared Drive files set to Anyone in this group with this link can view. The Developer is hitting authentication limits or is not experienced with Google Workspace use cases. That's all I can tell besides that Google Support with Google Workspace didn't help. Just wanted to add this information in answer to your question and in case others are reading. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Gabriel Hoces my idea has not worked. Looks like we cannot control how are selected external users viewing our Shared Drive files set to Anyone in this group with this link can view. The Developer is hitting authentication limits or is not experienced with Google Workspace use cases. That's all I can tell besides that Google Support with Google Workspace didn't help. Just wanted to add this information in answer to your question and in case others are reading. 

Thanks @Nina Trankova for getting back.

I know that Google Workspace recently launched a security update for My Drive by listing all files that are public to anyone with a link. Any Google Workspace users can check their public files by clicking on the following URL: https://hubs.li/H0Tj_-M0

With the Tricent Compliance Tool it’s possible to check all external users that are able to access the Shared Drive (and My Drive), and revoke any unwanted access instantly. 

Hope this helps :) 

Best, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thank you for the accurate guidance @Gabriel Hoces  I've been following with the recent Drive update and find it very useful! 

Glad to learn about the Tricent Compliance Tool and shall keep my contacts informed about this advanced tool opportunity. 

Have a nice weekend!