Google Tables | C2C Community

Google Tables

• 19 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Earlier this week, I attended a webinar on Google Tables (Beta by Area 120).

I was impressed by its capabilities and the possibilities it’d create if it ever became a core Google Workspace product.

But that’s the thing… will it?

I’m hesitant to embed it deeply within my organization or encourage my clients to do the same given Google’s record of fast-failing products that don’t gain sufficient traction.

On the other hand, I’m encouraged by some of the high-profile clients they already have using Tables.

Thoughts? Will Tables stick?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Any chance you have the recording from the webcast? I’d be interested to read more about the new feature. With regard to failing-fast and sunsetting things...this one is new to me on how Google Cloud manages that process. If you, as a customer or partner have implemented the tool with your team, how do they then manage the process by which you lose access / utility from it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I understand your concerns Christian and I also share them.

I first saw Google Tables a couple of months ago. Immediately I wanted to try it out and start creating video tutorials on how to use the tool.

But then I started wondering if Google Tables would make it out of Beta and become a stand-alone tool like AppSheet.

Would I be investing my time (and money) in something that people will only be using a couple of months?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Any chance you have the recording from the webcast? I’d be interested to read more about the new feature. With regard to failing-fast and sunsetting things...this one is new to me on how Google Cloud manages that process. If you, as a customer or partner have implemented the tool with your team, how do they then manage the process by which you lose access / utility from it?

Sorry… I asked, but they’re not sharing the recording publicly.

Userlevel 7

No worries, @ChristianNewman. Thanks for asking them!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Where can I see Tables and how it works @ChristianNewman ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

YouTube 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I like the Kansan ability.