Google Workspace delivers new levels of trusted collaboration for a hybrid work world | C2C Community

Google Workspace delivers new levels of trusted collaboration for a hybrid work world

• 15 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Just read the this article.

I like the stronger privacy and data security with Client-side encryption, the more control over secure collaboration with trust rules for Drive, and the enhanced data loss prevention and classification with Drive labels.

I can say that a lot is happening in the workplace. 4 posts yesterday (3 posts by @PaulRLees and 1 by me). And this article today from the 2 Directors - Product Managers.

I would like to read your thoughts

Image Source: Google Cloud Blog

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I really think that the labels and linking that to DLP is a massive step forward for Google in the ECM landscape, something that’s been needed, and talked about, for sometime.

Workflow is the next major update I am expecting to see in Drive in order for it to have parity with other products in the marketplace.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

I have the same feeling @PaulRLees  but I do not work as much in Workspace as you do. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I tend to agree - although I think ‘parity’ can be a trap too. One of the things that helps Google stand out in this market is when they take a different approach to solving problems - particularly those thorny ones that seem to be pervasive in content management tools. I’m really keen to see new and novel approaches - bringing the smarts gained from seeing who is collaborating with who, and leveraging that in helpful suggestions for labels, sharing and yes, perhaps workflows too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

I like the way you think @andy.yates! And I agree with you. I also like the way that Google Cloud is approaching the problems and the way they solve them.

Let’s see what more they can bring to the table! 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Completely agree with @andy.yates Google often ploughs it different path and is creating some amazing features within it’s product. It’s just sometimes while they are leading in some directions they often miss some of the simple things, the things people want today. This then causes customer to go out and purchase alternative solutions, such as Slack, Zoom, Dropbox etc. :persevere:

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

​I thought that it was my idea. But you've mentioned the same things as me​ @PaulRLees.

Do you think Cloud Google listens to customers - partners and trying to fix things and bring them back from Slack, Zoom… ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

As a “Product Manager” myself I understand the challenges of implementing what customers want today and working towards strategic future goals. When the two align it’s magical, but when they are slightly at odds it can appear as if ones not listening to customers. The way I address this is through communication with our user community. Using groups such as C2C would be a perfect way for Google Product Managers to get involved, share strategy and respond to these type of questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Awesome @PaulRLees!

Thank you for your insights on the subject!