hi every body | C2C Community
Question

hi every body

• 11 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Over the past year, the speed of new Workspace features rolling-out was extremely high. Also going forward, I see a great pipeline of new features coming to G Workspace - speed of new features remains high. How can we as company customers best support our colleagues to 'digest'/apply all these new tools? Any secret recipe? 😉 As I see some in our organization are struggling a lot with this

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Hi @hedes78889 

I’m moving your question to the Workspace group

Userlevel 1

I am approaching this in two ways

• We use a central social intranet (Lumapps) - for any new functionality that is of interest to our end users I post about it - all followers of that community are notified
  • I will be running quite regular sessions over the course of 2022 with hints, tips, updates etc. that people will be able to join to learn what’s changing.

I hope that helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Thanks for your answer @SteC 

Does it help you @hedes78889 ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

A customer of mine uses a dedicated Google Currents community to keep their employees up to date.

Many Google Workspace partner offer a monthly update that anyone can join through Google Meet.

How about offering a “lunch and learn” every quarter to showcase the new features?

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Great advice @chanelgreco

I guess it's something you do and it works for you, right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Great advice @chanelgreco

I guess it's something you do and it works for you, right?

Well, I don’t personally do all of it. :grinning:

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Within our TechOps (IT) organisation, we have a small team that is focused on supporting the collaboration tools that we provide - primarily Workspace, Zoom, Trello and MURAL. They take a partnership approach - and we’re pretty active as customers, learning about what is coming, and gathering feedback (and interesting use cases) from our colleagues to pass back. It’s still not possible for the team to let everyone know of every change - but they do help curate that information, and target the really useful things to the people who are most likely to care about them. This is supplemented through nurturing an active community from across the organisation, who can help share and amplify updates. Knowing that this group is more motivated to learn what’s happening, we tend to sign them up for as many early access (alpha and beta) programs as we can find out about - and then use this activity to drive further engagement and sharing as things get released. 

Much of this conversation happens in Chat Spaces (and we’ve been using Sites, and like @SteC are moving some of this to Lumapps) - and we’ve also started experimenting with bots to push some of the release information out too (like this):

https://developers.googleblog.com/2021/08/deliver-asynchronous-notifications-in-google-chat-using-webhooks.html

I think the other thing to think about is what you don’t do. For us, our support documentation is relatively light - and we encourage colleagues to turn to Google’s documentation, rather than have us re-write it; we also provide pointers to the various sources of information that the team uses to get updates. It’s also good to work closely with partners too - and leverage things like the training that they provide, so that your team is able to cover a little more ground.