Marketplace SDK: hot to change add-on visibility | C2C Community
Solved

Marketplace SDK: hot to change add-on visibility

• 4 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello C2C community!

I'm working on add-on for Google Workspace Marketplace and faced with an issue during publishing it in GCP Marketplace SDK. 
During my self-investigation of publication, I made the first try of publishing and in App Configuration I selected "Private" App Visibility,. I tested the add-on and decided to make it public in Marketplace, went back to configuration, and was terribly surprised that I couldn't change App Visibility. 
Is there any possibility to change it? 
Creating a new project in GCP is not a suitable option for us, because we have a tight relation to configured GCP Project: OAuth, domain, and logo. 
Any help would be appriciated.

icon

Best answer by Alfons 4 December 2021, 16:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Hi @MarkoVovchok , welcome to the community.

Reading your question it seems to me that you already did some investigation on the issue and have the suspect that the only solution is to create a new GCP project.

Unfortunately, my research on this also leads to that conclusion.

I found this document on stackoverflow stating that the only way is to create a new GCP project, although it is an old thread and something could have changed since then.

Also in the official Google documentation it also says that the visibility cannot be changed once set, and that documentation is up to date.

Let’s see if anyone else knows can recommend something, I’m going to move the thread to the Workspace group for better visibility and tag @andy.yates @PaulRLees @JoeyMaller_UCC who may be familiar with that situation.

Cheers,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I’d have to agree with @Alfons unfortunately. Once an app has been published as Private it cannot be changed. You are best using the Unlisted option if you want to eventually offer the app to external Google Workspace domains.

Hi @MarkoVovchok , welcome to the community.

Reading your question it seems to me that you already did some investigation on the issue and have the suspect that the only solution is to create a new GCP project.

Unfortunately, my research on this also leads to that conclusion.

I found this document on stackoverflow stating that the only way is to create a new GCP project, although it is an old thread and something could have changed since then.

Also in the official Google documentation it also says that the visibility cannot be changed once set, and that documentation is up to date.

Let’s see if anyone else knows can recommend something, I’m going to move the thread to the Workspace group for better visibility and tag @andy.yates @PaulRLees @JoeyMaller_UCC who may be familiar with that situation.

Cheers,

@PaulRLees thank you! Next time I will definitely go this way =)

​@Alfons thank you for the fast response.
I have also gone through the Stackoverflow and Google dev forum, but questions are old, so I have had a hope that something changed. 

I have already create new project and submmit Oauth verification.
Looks like our app release stuck minimum on month =(

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

​@Alfons thank you for the fast response.
I have also gone through the Stackoverflow and Google dev forum, but questions are old, so I have had a hope that something changed. 

Totally agree, I hope your app gets approved quickly.

Cheers