Share your questions for our Future of Work executives, Kelly Ducourty and Peter High | C2C Community

Share your questions for our Future of Work executives, Kelly Ducourty and Peter High

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I’m curious about what some of our company leaders have in mind for what long-term effects the pandemic will have on work life.

I want to give our community a chance to help shape the conversation we’re hosting on The Future of Work from an Executive View. While we always offer live Q&A, any questions you have ahead of time are things that we can weave into our planned conversation with Kelly Ducourty and Peter High. Either way, I encourage you all to sign up!

@ChristianNewman shared on a separate thread that “for optimal employee engagement and productivity, the collaboration experience must be designed to be remote-first.” What are you or your companies working on now to prepare for that post-vaccine return to normalcy? Are employers prioritizing hybrid landscapes moving forward?

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

We have a C2C event within the UK&I community discussing How Google Cloud Helped Us React to COVID-19. The long-term effects the pandemic will have on work-life will definitely be discussed.

We are working with a number of organisations on how “office culture” becomes something that not only happens in the office but something that needs to be transitioned online so that it is more inclusive. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This is a great post from the productivity and collaboration team around this topic.  My favorite quote: 

“As we glimpsed each other’s lives—babies on laps, dogs on couches, or maybe grandparents making guest appearances—we got a new perspective on our teammates as whole human beings. As you head back to the office part-time, see if you can find ways to sustain the camaraderie and empathy that came out of this shared experience.” 

I’ve love to spark up a discussion around this specifically as so much of the talk is focused on the process, ops, tech of how to handle pandemic and post-pandemic workplaces. Time to bring the human beings back into the conversation. 

Post here → https://www.forbes.com/sites/googlecloud/2021/03/01/this-is-what-productivity-looks-like-in-the-new-hybrid-world-of-work/?sh=681664c37ee3

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

A few questions top of mind for me: 

1. With so much disruption to the traditional model of working, where and how do you actually get started? Is it re-designing the actual work? Is it re-designing the workforce? Is it re-designing the actual workplace?  And who ultimately owns this “project” for an organization? What are the start and end points? How to best communicate and matriculate decisions on down through the organization? 
  2. What is the future role of the actual office in how employees thrive in the workplace? Does it go back to where the majority of work happens? Is it a center for innovation? Is it focused no culture-building? Is it to accelerate on-boarding and networking opportunities? A place to use resources you don’t have at your home office or local coffee shop? 
  3. Where does health and well-being lie on the spectrum of executive decisions to be made? The average working day has extended for many folks as commutes have gone away, family life has encroached on the established times and routines set up for office workers, many employees have shared a sense of anxiety, isolation, and a lack of a sense of belonging to the organization they are working for. Is this an issue a company is tasked with tackling?  If so, who owns the responsibility and decision making? 

JB

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

As offices become more hub and spoke model to support the rise of remote work, will we see more smaller offices in cities and towns across the world? What about WeWork? Perhaps they were just before their time?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

As offices become more hub and spoke model to support the rise of remote work, will we see more smaller offices in cities and towns across the world? What about WeWork? Perhaps they were just before their time?

Sounds like we should reach out to the WeWork team to host a follow on session as part of this series on future of work to hear their perspective on what they’ve learned from the implosion of their business model to what is now potentially and exponential opportunity to serve the market for business disinterested in owning office space going forward. 

JB

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

We also just launched part two of this Future of Work Series focused on Teaming and Culture. Check it out here and signup to continue on our journey together on what is a very important and poignant topic on the leadership agenda today. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I'm looking forward to the event! I have Google Workspace centered questions. 

• Are eployers ready for smart employee equiped with Google Workspace on individual domains?  
  • How would you define the future of production relationships in the cloud? Are they closer to our undertsnading about collaboration and how is this going to reflect on the economy in your opinion?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Nina Trankova,

These are great questions! I’d love to hold onto these as questions for the next session in this series which will focus on culture and collaboration - it’ll fit into the mix of things perfectly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Yes, @alex.maksymec  sounds like a good plan. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Who attended? Do you have more questions? Or other thoughts? Share them below! You can also write them down and bring them to our C2C Connect: Workspace chat next Thursday! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Yes, I did attend. Thank you for the opportunity to listen to the discussion and see c2c familiar faces too. I should watch again for some in depth follow-up questions around the hybrid working place. I like the front-end workers Google is focused on with GW. 

On the c2c  Community wise, if I'm allowed, my thoughts are around having the best out of Google Meet in a Google Workspace session. We can vote on which background to recommend members to use in the following recorded session or maybe have a customized c2c member background.

Take advantage of the polls?

Have a Q&A?

These are resources for the c2c Community because together with the mp4 video the spreadsheets of Polls and Q&A are stored in Drive. I'm sure it's on c2c's radar as a way to acknowledge active members participation since you asked, Sabina:) .  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What a fun idea! I love celebrating our members, and in our events would a great way to do that. I’ll talk to @jessica.dickman :)