Special Calendar | C2C Community
Solved

Special Calendar

• 5 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I live in a retirement community that has a great woodshop. In the shop we now have a very nice laser system and I have been assigned the opportunity of setting up a calendar system that 16 of the 55 members can access to reserve time on the system. 

The issue that I have is can someone that does not have a google account access a google calendar and how would they do that. 

I have created at google account on the computer that we use for the laser system and can create the calendar. I think I can then share it with the folks that have gmail accounts but how to access it from the other accounts I have no Idea. 

Appreciate any help.

icon

Best answer by sathyaram_s 8 March 2022, 00:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

If you let non-Google/not signed in users to view the calendar, you can make the Calendar public. 

This video show how to do this.

Shared with Public calendars cannot be edited by others. 

By the way, creating a Google Account can be done with your own email address. For eg. you can have yahoo account - myname@yahoo.com , then you signup to google using this as the account name. In the username box of Google account, you enter myname@yahoo.com 

You get access to Google services like Calendar, without having GMail or having to remember a different id. Of course, one more password to remember. 

Hope this helps

Thank you for your response. The main issue I have is that the 16 members that would be accessing the calendar would need to be able to schedule their time so that others can see what times are available. Currently they call down to the shop or come down to see if anyone is using the machine Not knowing that someone may have it scheduled for a slightly different time. Who ever answers the phone can only look over and see if someone is sitting there using it or has come in and left a note that they want to use the machine for an hour at 1:00PM. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Okay, you may consider something like https://calendly.com/https://www.hubspot.com/ etc. 

The calendars in these CRM apps allow you to send out link to your calendar with your availability, and they can use that link to book meetings with you. Something you can customize for your need. 

I have not used any of these tools myself, so don’t know much about the pricing (they have free tiers too).  May be someone with experience using these calendars can suggest. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Thank you for your response. The main issue I have is that the 16 members that would be accessing the calendar would need to be able to schedule their time so that others can see what times are available. Currently they call down to the shop or come down to see if anyone is using the machine Not knowing that someone may have it scheduled for a slightly different time. Who ever answers the phone can only look over and see if someone is sitting there using it or has come in and left a note that they want to use the machine for an hour at 1:00PM. 

Hello @Woody ! Normally you need a Google Account. 

You will have to make the calendar public. When you go to calendar.google.com, on the left side, see the calendar you want to share in public, click the 3 dots next to it, click on "Settings" and through there you should be able to make it publicly available. 

Viewing the calendar and editing it is 2 different things though.

Now, your members must have a google account in order to be able to make changes to it. As @sathyaram_s  mentioned "Shared with Public calendars cannot be edited by others". So, they should create a Google Account. If they do that, problem is solved and nobody needs to make any calls!

@dominikkugelmann and @alan.muntadas , and @Gabriel Hoces , if you have anything better to recommend, please let us know! :)

Does this help, @Woody ? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I mean having that calendar helps regardless. If people have an account they can book in themselves, and if not they can still call downstairs and ask them to book something. If you also put the calendar public on your website they can be seeing the available times when calling in. 

Otherwise: calendly