Threadit will be turned down on Dec. 19, 2022 | C2C Community

Threadit will be turned down on Dec. 19, 2022

• 20 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Good news, bad news story. Looks like Google are turning down Threadit in Dec this year.

For those who don’t know about ThreadIt, it allows teams to exchange ideas and conversations via short video recordings, similar to Loom. For individuals who are time poor Threadit is a great way of providing feedback or an update when schedules don’t align.

The good news is that the Threadit team are joining Google Workspace, so hopefully we will see some functionality coming to Google Meet / Chat that will allow for short video sharing. 

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hope that it gets even a little love, as it is a quite decent Loom replacement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Never heard of it

Never used it.

But I will check it @PaulRLees 

Even if it’s for a few days.

Do you know why they decided to do it? Do you have any idea?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Seems like it was a beta test and now they are including it in Google Workspace. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

Oh, I see.

Thanks for the info @Paulogier 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

It was part of Area120, Google's in-house incubator where employees work on 20% Project product ideas. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

I’ve heard about Area 120 from you @PaulRLees.

So, is it going to be included in Workspace as @Paulogier wrote above?

Maybe @chanelgreco can tell us more(?).

Userlevel 2

We had quite a lot of clients that used it, as it integrated with Gmail nicely. Shame it was killed rather than integrated into Google Workspace. Clients are returning to Loom now, unlikely to move again if a replacement is launched.

Userlevel 7
Badge +65

@jimbokimbo I've seen people come and go.

We always use new products and ultimately stick to what is either free or cheaper for our work.

I'm curious to see what the Threadit Team will be with Workspace.

Maybe, as @PaulRLees wrote

we will see some functionality coming to Google Meet / Chat that will allow for short video sharing

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

I have never tried neither of them, but I just signed up for Loom and I will also check thread it… sounds interesting! :)